Pages

Friday 26 March 2010

INTERVIEW: Saran Green | Performance Poet


Short. Sharp. Facts!

Name: Saran Green
Birthplace: United Kingdom
Lives: South London
Poetry Debut: Don’t remember
Awards: Farrago International Slam Champion 2005


Q&A

ONiT! is excited to see that you're on the line up for
Love…Sex…Sensuality…, the forthcoming celebration of all things sensual. We’d love to hear your answers on the following:


Can you tell us how you got involved in this exciting new show?
Well, my Partna In Rhyme, Comfort, was the one who recommended me to the Promoter.


How long have you been performing Poetry/Spoken Word?
I have been performing poetry for 2 years in Jamaica, and 4 years in the UK, so a total of about 6 yrs.

Who would you cite as your influences?
Lorna Goodison and Jill Scott.

How would you describe your style as a Performance Artist?

My style is varied, not sure I can label it specifically.

In order to fully love and appreciate the love of another, we kno
w that you must first love yourself. How would you define self-love?
Self love begins with being aware of one’s self, good and bad, and accepting and appreciating these strengths and weaknesses.

What can the audience expect from you on the night?

They can expect love, sex and sensuality, [laughs]. They can expect to share in my passion for passion, and my passion of the craft itself.

Is there a particular piece you are looking forward to performing at ‘Love…Sex…Sensuality…’?

No, not really. I'm excited about my set in general, as often times at other events I have to censor my material, so on this night it will be great to just let it all out.

Which poem/film/song says 'Love...Sex...Sensuality…' to you?
Oh, that’s a hard one, right now, the film that comes to mind is ‘Closer’.

Complete these sentences:

Love is...best

Sex is...better

Sensuality...is good

What other performanc
es/projects do you have coming up?
1st April, I host my own event with my Partna in Rhyme, Comfort, called Rum Punch on @ Rudy’s Revenge, 168 High Holborn, London WC1V. Entry is £5 and the show starts at 7:30pm.

2nd March I am performing at Intimates at the Poetry Café, 22 Betterton Street, WC1. Entry is £5 and the show starts at 7pm.

You can see and hear Saran Green perform live, at Love…Sex…Sensuality… on Saturday 24th April.

Tickets: Limited early bird tickets available now at the following outlets, priced £8, £10 thereafter

Online: http://www.accessuktickets.co.uk

Supertone Records (Brixton) 020 7737 7761 | Everbody’s Music (Tottenham) 020 8802 0146 | Maestro Records (Peckham) 020 7635 7299 | Dub Vendor (Clapham) 020 7233 3757 | Hawkeye Records (Harlesden) 020 8961 0866

Further info: 07984 628 070

Press/Media info: 07790 443 834 | 07958 327 811 | onitpr@yahoo.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment